A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Can you build trends and setup data logging with the software?
If you can write the Visual Basic code you do do pretty much anything you want. Logging the data should be pretty easy, at its simplest you could write to a text file. As for trends, in my research around Advanced HMI I did see that Archie had some written some trending/graphing software. Just found it again on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-5STcYWQ7k

Is there any way to use this software with RSEmulate? I didn't see that as an available driver in Solution Explorer

Is there any way to use this software with RSEmulate? I didn't see that as an available driver in Solution Explorer

Which RSEmulate? 5,500, 5000? I've been rying to do the same thing. The only way I think it will work is if you use the OPC driver, and in my case RSLinx Classic. As you see in my above posts, I haven't had much success. I don't know what the issue is.

Which RSEmulate? 5,500, 5000? I've been rying to do the same thing. The only way I think it will work is if you use the OPC driver, and in my case RSLinx Classic. As you see in my above posts, I haven't had much success. I don't know what the issue is.

I am using 500. I hadn't tried the OPC driver, but that should be the one that works. If you have any success with it, please let me know.

Hi Archie

Have been looking through the latest version and have a couple of questions on the changes:
PLCAddressValue is the memory address in the PLC that holds the value you want to get. Was just PLCAddress.

I am figuring that PLCAddressText is the memory address in the PLC that holds the name of a Control i.e. Oil Pressure

NumericFormat uses the standard format system to format the data:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y006s0cz(v=vs.71).aspx

Basic label has changed so that it can show either a Value or Text.

You have added a PLCaddressVisibility property which does pretty much what it says on the tin.

I read in the RSLinx documentation that Classic Lite, which is what I am using (because it is what I can afford!), does not support OPC/DDE communication, so I'm guessing there is no way to get this software to communicate with RSEmulate

Some 5/05 not communicating

Archie,
I have 3 SLC 5/05 on one of my lines that I cannot get to talk to the AdvancedHMI. I have 4 others that do. All are on the same network, all use the same network settings, they are all various firmwares.
The only difference I can find is that the 3 that do not communicate are the busiest, and have the most connections. I was wondering if you had any other ideas and where else I could look for possible fixes.

By the way, thanks for the great program. I have tried working with VB in the past but lost interest when I could not figure out how to tie the PC to the PLC. You and your drivers have renewed my interest.

Brian

Would Chan0 the DF1 being set at 38400 baud cause this problem. That is the only thing I have found different between the PLC's I can talk to and the ones I can't?

You should be able to monitor the connections in the diagnostic channel of the SLC. Also, please specify how the AdvancedHMI machine is connected to the SLC. If it's through channel zero through a gateway, and other devices are using that gateway, then the connection limit is a very possible culprit, as the NET-ENI only supports six connections and no more than four in either direction IIRC.

Anywho, make sure those SLCs have a diagnostic file assigned to both channels so you can view the connections details while online. I am pretty sure with certain firmware levels, you can view the webpage of the 5/05 to see stats...not sure if the diagnostic channel is required for that.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I am trying to communicate to the SLC's across ethernet. For some reason 3 of them will not communicate with the Advanced HMI. They are however working with RS View32. There are 4 more that I can communicate with on the same network, all settings the same except for the ip address. The only differences I am finding in the comms is on the DF1 side. All the ones I can communicate with are set for a 19200 baud, while the 3 I can't communicate with are set for 38400 baud. I don't really see why this should be a problem unless the driver is not set up to read a number larger than 32767, when it polls the node settings.

Okay, so the 3 SLCs that are giving you problems:

Are they all three SLC 5/05?
Are their channel 1 ethernet ports connected to the same network as your AdvancedHMI machine?

Yes they are and on the same network as the other 4 that I can communicate with. Some are even sending and receiving messages between each other.

Hi Gents
I've started to develop an application using AdvancedHMI. There is about 10 forms required in the application and very little tags to be read/write from Micologix 1400 upon each screen. It works quite well and is moving along nicely. I need to interface with some Credit card readers also (DLLs provided) hence AdvancedHMI is a perfect solution.

I have 2 questions.

As I load a new form is the only way to use the EthernetSLCMicro object is by creating a new instance on each form? So for 10 forms I would have 10 instances of the object. Is this destroyed after unloading form?

For the purposes of alarm\event logging I would like to constantly monitor approx 400 tags at say 1 second intervals. Is this over ambitious?
If not can anyone suggest a sort of global area where i can cycially monitor these tags. These would need to be scoped globally throughout the solution. Create Another thread perhaps or is there an easier/better solution?

Yes they are and on the same network as the other 4 that I can communicate with. Some are even sending and receiving messages between each other.

Okay, that is important. From a PC on the same subnet, open a browser and in the address bar, type in the IP address of each of the SLCs. If their connection limit is reached (or they are pre-webpage firmware) then I think you will get an error.

So...for those that have no web page accessible, connect RSLogix500 to each of them through either channel, and while online, perform a save with upload. And, look at the channel diagnostics to ensure files have been assigned, and see if you can view the active connection stats.

While you're in there, open the status file and hunt for the processor firmware number as well as the ethernet daughterboard firmware number(s).

The 5/05 has been through at least two iterations of hardware, and 3 or more different significant ethernet firmware changes that can affect the number of supported connections. Archie's driver may not be compatible with all these iterations, but more likely, a couple of them are old firmware and have their connection limit reaching via inter-PLC messaging in addition to those taken by the SCADA/HMI on the network.

Ok guys bear with me, only ever used Zelio's or Logo's, so a total newbie here both to real plc's and hmi's, but I wanna play.
Got a Siemens S7/200, cable and software. Installed the software, connected "PPI" cable to usb convertor on pc, used Com 1.

Wrote the worlds simplest program :p
one input called it I0.0 and connected to one output called it Q0.0 and sent the program to plc and to my surprise everything worked fine,.
When I wired up my input, I got an output on Q0.0

Immediately wanting to run, before I can walk, I started up this "advanced hmi".
I dragged the Siemens PPI Comm1. item from the toolbox, to my hmi screen and I dragged a single item, the "basic indicator" to my hmi screen.
This is where I have ran out of ideas.

I want the "basic indicator" to show "red" when Q0.0 is "OFF" and "green" when "ON"

So a few questions.
Should the comm. settings remain default (works with step7)
What settings on the "basic indicator" do I need to change, eg. is the plc address Q0.0 ?
Sorry for the dumb questions.