How to delete an Add-On Instruction (AOI) for a CLx project

BAJ

Does anyone know how to delete an Add-On Instruction (AOI) from a ControlLogix project? I checked the RA Add-on manual and did a little googling, I'm stumped. The only thing I can think of is an .L5k export, try to find and cut all references, then .L5k import, but that sounds really ugly.

Thank,
-Brad

You need to delete all references as you mentioned. But the AOI can only be deleted offline.

You need to delete not only all the instances of the instruction in the program, but also any Tags that were created, which reference the AOI-specific Data Type.

Just in case it does not work

After clearing all references and linked variables, if delete is still grayed out, reboot the program. Just happened for me on 30.01.00