Wonderware comm with Contrologix

dhuber

Hi,

I have a wonderware system version 10.1 connecting to a control logix plc. I had communications established and i was able to communicate back and forth while in runtime mode, no problem at all.
When i started up yesterday, i was not able to communicate anymore.
I can download to my plc and and ping the ip address of the plc no problem at all.
In wonderware SMC, it is setup as New_Port_CIP_000, New_ENB_CLX_000, New_BACKPLANE_CLX_000, New_LOGIX5000_CLX_000, i have my ip address and device group set up in there for the access name in my application.
In the diagnostics section, under device groups, my device group "Thouet" is there but is doesnt say that any items are active.
If anyone has any ideas that i can look at or try that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Dennis

Looking at the Log Viewer, some faults that i am getting that maybe shouldnt be there.

SuiteLink Stream communication failure receiving from ComputerName view: Connection for DASABCIP from 127.0.0.1 went away, app closed connection? (WSAECONNRESET) (10054)

SuiteLink Stream communication sending to ComputerName view discontinued: Connection for DASABCIP from 127.0.0.1 went away, app closed connection? (WSAECONNRESET) (10054)

Another thing, i used wwClient and setup my communications in there and was able to see the values of a bit and an integer in my plc change. So it looks like it is communicating, but when i put the application in runtime, it is not communicating with the plc.

Firmware revision of Controllogix processor is 17.1.
And yes i do have the topic defined in the device groups tab.

sounds like an InTouch issue to me

Since there are no active tags, it tells me that InTouch is not hitting the I/O server for the tags. Check you access names and make sure InTouch is running...

A screen shot at your topic definition in Intouch might also be handy.

I have had problems with talking from Intouch directly to DASABCIP on some machines. Since we use FactorySuite Gateway to access data in some legacy DDE systems, I always set up a topic in FSGateway that looks at DASABCIP and then Intouch looks at FSGateway.

This might not be ideal as a permanent solution for you though as it's one more service to fall over! (although in saying that I've never had an issue with FSGateway).

SMC is a very useful tool for diagnosing this sort of thing - make sure you've got the correct items flagged for logging though.