PLC Scanning

gimli

Hello all,

Was wondering if someone could clarify...I understand that
plc logic is scanned top to bottom, left to right. How about at the end of a rung that has multiple outputs? Do the outputs get executed at the same time or top to bottom also?
thanks for any input

Capture.JPG

In RSLogix double click on the line number, where your screenshot shows the highlight and it will show the text version of the line. This will let you know exactly the order the items in a line is scanned

Your line would be:

BST ADD PRESSURE P_OFFSET PRESSURE NXB ABS PRESSURE PRESSURE_ABS BND

EDIT: If you are doing online edits, the first double click will start the line edit, the next double click will show the text.

Just to be picky...

Execute Program:
PLCs generally will solve the logic from left to right, top to bottom. The output of the rung before is available for the next rung.
This is like some of the popular bands of PLCs like Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Omron, Automation Direct, etc. There are some exceptions like older Modicon(SCADAPACK) models which solve the logic top to bottom, left to right. Always refer to the manufactures manual to ensure the program execution method.

https://www.google.com/search?q=plc.....69i57j33.20461j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited: