SLC 5/05 connect via wifi

Since you have a workable connection via the DF1 port you could also change the IP address of the SLC5/05 to match the subnet of your laptop. If the laptop is a DHCP client then you won't be able to make the needed change so changing the PLC will have to be done. The only complication there is making sure you don't duplicate an IP address of something else on the network. Having said that, if it is only the laptop and the PLC then just make sure the PLC is set to something different than the laptop address shown in the pic (but in the same subnet. 192.168.1.xxx where xxx isn't 82 or 254)

Just to make sure, you have a 5/05 in a remote location without any wired ethernet available so You want wifi as an option. You want to connect with your laptop and desktop in the house without going to the garden. If this is correct, you need a bridge and you will be able to connect the 5/05 to Wi-Fi and it will be available on both computer work stations without changing your i p address every time. You must get your router I p and sub net ex. 192.168.1.1 and 255.255.255.0 and then the bridge set at 192.168.1.2 and 255.255.255.0. Now using your serial cable set the 5/05 channel 1 to 192.168.1.3 and 255.255.255.0 , set to static so the address does not change,and then you will be able to find it in linxs. Only do it this way if you haven't any security issues because anyone within range of your wifi signal will have access. Once you are on if you plan to do online edits repost and someone will help with that. The bridge is just giving the 5/05 a connection to your WiFi network.

Thanks everyone.

Also...
Just to make sure, you have a 5/05 in a remote location without any wired ethernet available so You want wifi as an option. [correct] You want to connect with your laptop and desktop in the house without going to the garden. [correct] If this is correct, you need a bridge and you will be able to connect the 5/05 to Wi-Fi and it will be available on both computer work stations without changing your i p address every time. You must get your router I p and sub net ex. 192.168.1.1 and 255.255.255.0 and then the bridge set at 192.168.1.2 and 255.255.255.0. Now using your serial cable set the 5/05 channel 1 to 192.168.1.3 and 255.255.255.0 , set to static so the address does not change,and then you will be able to find it in linxs. Only do it this way if you haven't any security issues because anyone within range of your wifi signal will have access. Once you are on if you plan to do online edits repost and someone will help with that. The bridge is just giving the 5/05 a connection to your WiFi network.
Thanks Sharky.
Can you be more explicit about security issues.

Just making sure your wifi is password protected and you are not using the plc for any locks or camera systems. Have you gotten comms with a lan connection from your laptop straight to the 5/05? Use the same settings for channel 1. I also like my laptop set to a hard static I p address using 192.168.1.8 And 255.255.255.0. Also if you have never set anything to static and you do have something that is assigned that address., cycle power to the router. You should be safe using the lower numbers though. They are not usually assigned.