Micrologix 1200 NVRAM error

ashley

I was downloading a program to a Micrologix 1200 when i got the message "Download failed!" The fault LED was flashing red. The error code I get is 01h which is NVRAM error. Cleared the error and the processor memory and tried downloading again. Same error. Tried it a couple of times but the error persists.
Do I have to replace the processor or is there a way out? This is a new Micrologix 1200 processor and all this happened during commissioning. Part no. 1762-L24BXBR.
Thanks.

First off a new micrologix processor will usually have the fault light flashing. (recoverable fault) in this case probably due to no project in the processor. If the comm 0 led is flashing then the processor is configured for rs 485. make sure your using a 1761-pmo2 cable. In rs linx it should be configured forrs-232 df1 device. If your NVRAM is shot then it should trigger a fatal fault. The problem may be that it cannot find the processor

Also make sure your processor type matches in your I/O configuration

Last edited:
Well, this wasn't the first time I was downloading the program to the processor.
I uploaded the program from the Micrologix, made some minor modifications in the ladder and was downloading again when this happened.
What I need to know is whether replacing the processor is my only option?

If the NVram is actually messed then the answer is yes. It isn't a removable chip. The reason for the above post is that I have seen those error messages mislead people.