1769-ASCII Card

dhuber

Hi Everyone,

I have a 1769-ASCII card that i am hooking up 2 bar code scanners too. I have a third one hooked up to the RS232 port on the PLC and have that reading in data fine.
I am completely lost when it comes to reading the data from the card though. I added the 1769-ASCII card and setup up the comm ports to the same settings i have it as for the local RS232 port. It creates a whole bunch of tags for me, i figured when i scanned something it would populate something in those tags and i could go from there.
I have the scanner plugged in the local port, scan a bar code, read the data and then move the scanner into the port on the ASCII card and scan the same barcode and i dont get any data.
Any help on this, example programs or anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If you post your controller program and an example of the barcode ASCII data, a Forum member might be able to explain how to modify your program to work the way you want.

As it is, there isn't much else I can give you other than the user manual.