AB 150 SMC Flex

dhuber

Hi All,

I have an Allen Bradley 150 SMC Flex that I need some help with.
I have it set up with a 20-COMM-E card over ethernet back to my control logix PLC.
I get my Enabled bit for Control Power being ok back to my PLC as well as my phasing active.
On the drive lcd screen it says stopped where it shows the Volts, Amps and MTU.
If i reset the drive in drive explorer i get a comm fault and i can reset that fault from the PLC using the ClearFault command.
When i send the start signal nothing happens though.
Is there a setting I am missing somewhere? We also dont have a motor hooked up to the drive, one of the guys thought that might be why, but i should still be able to run the drive should i not?
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis

Do you have any of the discrete I/O connected ?

Even if you plan to run the drive entirely over the network, you still need jumpers on the Enable and the Stop terminals or those will over-rule the network Start command.

Check out the Typical Wiring Diagram on page 3-13 of the User Manual.

Ken,

Thanks for the response.
I did figure shortly after posting this question. It was the wiring. I didn't have pin 16 an 18 jumped with pin 11. Once i did that it worked.

Thanks,
Dennis