OM4 Category Fiber Cable and Network Switch Compatibility

tranh2

Hello everyone,

Looking for someone with some fiber experience to answer this. I'd like to spec out an OM4 category fiber cable (50um). Will this category cable be compatible with an NTRON 708FX2 switch? The specs for the switch say it will take fiber that is 50um-62.5um. OM4 cable is supposed to be "laser optimized OM4, for laser-optimized 50um fiber having 4700 MHz*km EMB bandwidth designed for 10 Gb/s, 40 Gb/s, and 100 Gb/s transmission.". But the switch is Fast ethernet. Do I need to go up to a Gigabit switch? I'm looking to stick with OM4 so for future provisions.

Similar Topics

I've ready through the the previous posts, and we've worked with safety design for a long time. In the past, we worked with Pilz directly, and...
Replies
Views
Hello Im an Controls Engineer that has been asked to supervise some projects. Im new into this and suddenly everybody is talking about risk...
Replies
Views
I currently design small panels - mostly motor control panels (1, 2, 3 motor) and the owner of the company is asking us to cut back on costs. One...
Replies
Views
Is there are way to set up RSLogix 5000 to start up with a category in the Controller Organizer 'minimized'? For instance, make the Add-On...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I need to revisit electrical safety in our plant. I understand that Category 0 is longer in play , correct ? So it is only...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom