IB8S Equivalent Input Discrepancy

dhuber

I have a Keyence light curtain, SL-V32HM that is wired to an IB8S in an AENTR. I have the discrepancy time in the IB8S set at 100 ms. The response time for the light curtain is from ON-OFF is 10.3 ms and from OFF-ON is 50.3 ms.
The inputs on the input card keep faulting out, turning red. Anything other than the discrepancy time in the IB8S that I should be looking at? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

Do they only turn red when the light curtain trips or are they always red?

You may want to set the inputs as single and make sure you are getting both of them.

Keith

I suspect that you did not filter test pulses coming from the light curtain.
You need to set On-OFF delay for each input

I suspect that you did not filter test pulses coming from the light curtain.
You need to set On-OFF delay for each input

Last machine I worked on we had the same issue. With Rockwell techsupport we came to the same conclusion.

Were IFM Light curtains by the way.

Yes, you need to filter test pulses coming from the light curtain.
To do it, you must enable On-Off delay in each input
Also, if you use a safety instruction to analyse light curtain, then inputs should be set to Single

If the light curtains are relay out tou can use pulse test. if they are OSSD you can not use Pulse test.

Most of modern light curtains have OSSD outputs that have embedded test pulses (initiated by the light curtain).
In this case input should be set for "SAFETY" (instead of "Safety Pulse Test") and On-to-Off fileter enabled