Crimson 3.1 Data Logger

LambertWWTP

I have been stumbling my way through setting up our red lion displays from 3.0 to 3.1. As well as cleaning the looks up a bit. I have absolutely no experience with this, so I have been getting by with youtube and the pdf manual, which has worked pretty well for me thus far. What I am trying to do now is set up a data logger to record our lab data that we manually punch into our red lion unit. I don't understand "triggered snapshot" and cant find any literature explaining how it work. We enter approximately 40 different values manually and I have the tags for all of those. If I place them on a continuous sample configuration I'm just going to have a bunch of blanks since lab data is only entered daily. I am in over my head, any help would be greatly appreciated.

A triggered snapshot will append the log file each time the Log Trigger makes a false to true transition. So if you want the operator to enter all the data and then press a button to add the log entry, tie that button to a tag used as the Log Trigger (bottom of the Log setup page).

Thank you, that was along the line that I was thinking. Its hard to find any detailed information on it. I appreciate your response!

You're welcome!

The documentation is thin with Crimson but the software is so good, I forgive them for that. It has been a few years since I used triggered logging, so I don't recall what I learned about how the other fields affect it, but I seem to remember that they do still affect how often a new file gets created.

Oh, wait, I posted about that...let me search...

Here is much more detail:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=64460

Crimson 3.1 Data Logger
I have been stumbling my way through setting up our red lion displays from 3.0 to 3.1
I have a drive system which runs on B&R processor P80i software. It somehow links redlion HMI and updates process data and alarm history.
I have no way to know
1. Type of software.used to commission it SCrimson 3 or 3.1
2. Where can I find the configuration files.

Crimson 3.1 Data Logger
I have been stumbling my way through setting up our red lion displays from 3.0 to 3.1
I have a drive system which runs on B&R processor P80i software. It somehow links redlion HMI and updates process data and alarm history.
I have no way to know
1. Type of software.used to commission it SCrimson 3 or 3.1
2. Where can I find the configuration files.

This should be a new thread.

1. What hardware is it? Graphite HMIs can be programmed with either version 3.0 or 3.1 but most of their other hardware is limited to one or the other.

2. I always download the file to the hardware with the ability to upload it enabled. Once you determine whether to use 3.0 or 3.1, try to extract the file from the hardware (Link > Extract). I think if you try with the wrong software, it will tell you the answer you are looking for. Be aware that I have seen cases where simply trying to extract the file from the hardware might cause an interruption in its operation (if you are using a newer version, for example). This is usually not a problem, and has been easy to recover from the time or two I have seen it.