m.peric87

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with variable drive.
On display of Kinetix 6500 i have a message:

Inhibit M06...
1.Safety reset required

Inhibit M05...
2.Safe torque off

And because of this error machine won't to start.

I searched a lot over ethernet and I din't find any answer how to remove
those errors.

Can someone help me to figure out solutions?

Thanks in advance

These Kinetix servo drives have a "Safe Torque Off" safety feature. The codes you describe indicate that the safety circuit has been tripped and needs to be reset before the drive can be reset.

Check the following:

• Verify the tag "axisname.GuardStopInputStatus" under the Controller Tags for the axis is a logic 1.
    If the tag "axisname.GuardStopInputStatus" is a logic 0 ; then verify there is 24 VDC on the inputs to the drive.
  • Check for 24 volts on input terminal 19 and 20 with reference to terminal 18.
  • If using a Safe Limited Speed (SLS) inputs, check for 24 volts on input terminals 23 and 24 with reference to terminal 18.
    If the voltages are present on the inputs and the Inhibit M06 will not reset replace the module on the drive.
    If the voltages are not present check the safety wiring and safety devices.
  • If a Safe Limited Speed Error was what caused the drive to disable, then a transition of the Safe Off Inputs is needed in order for the M06 Safety Reset Required to reset. Transition the Safe Off Inputs from True to False and back to True.

For additional information, please reference the Kinetix 6200 and Kinetix 6500 Safe Torque-off Multi-axis Servo Drives Safety Reference Manual, Publication 2094-RM002, and the Kinetix 6200 and Kinetix 6500 Safe Speed Monitoring Multi-axis Servo Drives Safety Reference Manual, Publication 2094-RM001.

I don't know if it relates to your issue, but (some?) 6500's also had a quirky issue when cycling power. If the power comes back on before the bus voltage has completely bled down, the servo comes back in a weird state that cannot be resolved without a download to the CLX (at least that's how we got by it at first).

We ultimately resolved it by using a timing relay to ensure that we can't cycle power too quickly.

I DO NOT KNOW THAT THIS IS YOUR ISSUE - I just seem to recall that the messages on the servo led us down the wrong trail.

Take a look at Rockwell knowledgebase article #493351.

In our first go round with 6500's there were alot of them out of the box that had issues with the internal gold edge connectors for the safe off board. Rockwell replaced over 100 of ours due to this defect. They revised the manufacturing process on later releases (circa 2014 and beyond), but if this 6500 has been sitting on a shelf for awhile it could be an issue. However, I think the error specifically mentioned a comm error to the safety board. Based on your messages, I'm thinking you don't have the 24VDC to the board required.

@Ken Roach

Thank you for your detailed response.
I have 24VDC on input, but M06 wont reset.
I'm waiting for new module.
After that I will update my response

@kekrahulik, robertmee

I apreciate yours help.
I will try to check connectors.

Thank you guys

Kinetix 6200 Inhibit M06... 1.Safety reset required

I had the same exact faults on my Kinetix 6200. I found a bad board in the low-profile connector. The black connector on the bottom of the drive, on the left, open it up. Unscrew the 2 screws that hold the board onto the plastic housing. and check for burn marks.

Follow up on this subject. I have a Kinetix 6500 drive, and am getting a Safety Reset Required and a Safe Torque Off signal from source Start Inhibit - Mfg and the only way that they have been able to reset the drive is to cycle power to the drive.
The reset input (terminal 26) is wired to the reset reference (terminal 25). This should automatically reset when a safety reset is required, should it not? Just wondering as to why we are having to cycle the power to the drive as well.
I haven't seen the scenario play out, just going off of fault history in the drive. Those are the only faults though. The drive is disabled and a power cycle has been the only way to get it back.
Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

Same problem with Kinetix 5700, using ethernet safety (not hardwired).
Did many downloads, many power cycles, no result.
Any ideas?

SafeTorqueOffFault
SafeTorqueOffActiveInhibit