Three Phase Rectifier Bridges

Karsten

Hello,

I have a application where I have a threepase transformer that gives 22V AC 50 Hz. I use A Three Phase Rectifier Bridge to make DC Voltage.

The system is for testing DC 24 V motors at max 2kW. The recitifiers are speced for continous 1200V and 220A. I have a 200A fuse. The motors are only run 1-2 minutes at a time and then pause for many minutes.

Two Rectifier Bridges has now broken down in short time:( Any ideas why?

More data:
https://www.elfa.se/Web/Downloads/a_/en/ouSKD210_data_en.pdf

Correct.

Check the Locked Rotor current of the motor under test. Chances are it is 12x or more the full load rating.

The diodes should be rated for this current!

An alternative is to place a resistor in series with the armature which can be switched out once the motor is running, thus limiting the starting current.