motor speed program

sas11

Hello,

I am on a mission to build an annealing machine for reloading brass. My experience with PLC's is limited. However I am a HVAC controls tech so I know outputs and inputs.
My plan is to use a click plc model? The beginning design will be a 12vdc motor that I can control the speed with a Knob and a linear actuator?? to stop for a settable amount of time, then release the cartridge.

Any thoughts or help getting started would be appreciated

Thanks
SAS11

a 12vdc motor that I can control the speed with a Knob and a linear actuator
What type of DC motor are you using? With a permanent magnet DC motor you change the speed by changing the voltage.
The term "linear actuator" generally refers to something like a pneumatic cylinder that is used to move something along a linear path.

The motor that I picked out has an optional speed controller 6-30volts. As far as the actuator I planned on putting it on a u shaped swivel.

The motor that I picked out has an optional speed controller 6-30volts. As far as the actuator I planned on putting it on a u shaped swivel.

What reference does the speed controller take. You can set your speed with analog IO. 12V isn't really a common PLC voltage.