FESTO CPX-CMAX-1-1 Watch dog error

Stuwertz

In case packer they used festo axis controller to drive the cylinder. This axis controller contains some data. While running condition once a month data got reset and shows watch dog error. ( strong electro magnetic interference )

Can any one suggest ways to avoid electro magnetic interference in control panel .

Thanks in advance:sick:

- Use shielded cable on your comms. (STP).
- Distance your comms. cables from higher voltages where practicable.
- Ensure all earthing in the cabinet and on the machine is correct.
- Ensure any drives have the correct filters on them.
- Make sure any ferrite chokes on the drives do not have the earth looped through them as well.
- Lastly, check that the comms. terminations (plugs) are properly made off.

Thanks Mr.Jeev.

Im not getting clear idea about ferrite choke omn the drive do not have earth looped.

Is there ac power supply and dc supply cable run on the same reaceway of cable tray it will cause any issue. :rolleyes:

Im not getting clear idea about ferrite choke omn the drive do not have earth looped.

Only run phases through if you have a choke on the cable.

cool-blue-installation.png

Is there ac power supply and dc supply cable run on the same reaceway of cable tray it will cause any issue. :rolleyes:
Yes, definitely. The more cable (Length) you have run in parallel, the worse it can be. Some of the items I listed will help reduce this. Any motor cables run to drives should be using shielded/screened cable anyway.

Thanks Mr. Jeev.

I will done all the activities listed by you. Then i will observe for two three months then i will inform about the result. Because this issue came randomly once or twice a month only.

Again thanks for your Knowledge sharing.

Thanks Mr. Jeev.

I will done all the activities listed by you. Then i will observe for two three months then i will inform about the result. Because this issue came randomly once or twice a month only.

Again thanks for your Knowledge sharing.
Dear mr. Jeev

I have done all the necessary activities listed by you. But still we faced issue a week ago . Is that anything i missing.

1. I checked only phase cables run through the choke.
2. Already separate the communication cable from high voltage
3. earthing in the cabinet i checked good.

Which error are you actually getting? Which PLC platform? What's the interference from? What else is happening in the plant/machine/room when you have the issue?

In the Festo CPX- CMAX- C1-1 controller i got an error 76 (INTERNAL watch dog error due to strong electro magnetic interference mentioned in manual ) . this festo controller communicated to the Allen Bradley safety controller L43S. It's one of the auto case packer in our snacks company. During normal running condition suddenly this festo controller got an error. Then machine operation got stopped. Again i need to commission this controller by an separate Festo configuration tool .

I believe E76 is between the controller and actuator. Have you checked or replaced the cables/terminations between these? Have you checked the earthing of what the actuator is mounted on?