Allen Bradely MER file

Liam 28

Hi all,

I have 2 MER files that we compare quarterly to try capture any changes that have been made to HMI files.

The files are identical, same graphics and no changes have taken place but one file is bigger in size than other. We are comparing upload from HMI against file in factory the master file.

What could cause file to bigger in size from the upload if there has been no graphic changes?#

Someone said to me it could way were taking upload such as version of software were using for upload would that make sense.

TIA

My thought on it that would be fruitless to try to figure out why the size is different. These days, there's are so much intermediate meta-data in every program file you wouldn't able to figure out. Take something like Excel or MS Word, you can add a line then delete it, do a save and the file size would be different when the content is exactly the same.

If the files sizes are different, then there absolutely a change has been made. Not sure about your company size and how many HMI's and PLC's that you need to do this with. You might look into a version control software like FactoryTalk AssetCentre or VersionDog that has the ability to do backups and compares.