Powerflex 755 vs Powerflex 700

Nandraj

Dear All ,
I have powerflex 755 110kw drive running on devicenet node add 1 but now its got bad , I wanted to replace it with powerflex 700 110kw Can i just add same node and plug and play option works ?
when i used to have armourstart AB drive 1hp to 5hp it use plug and play i used to put same node address in devicenet and just plug and it starts i no need to do any configuration only in scanner module it used to asks for revision change . so i wanted to know that Can powerflex 700 can works plug and play in replace with 755
please hop you will help

thanks ,
nandraj

So you want to replace a newer drive with an older one? Is that because the PF700 is all you have available? That’s the only valid reason I can think of. And if that PF700 has been on a shelf unpowered for a couple of years, you will have to put it through a capacitor reforming procedure.

Assuming that because this is DeviceNet you have a PLC, you will have to change the AOP and probably some of the programming in your PLC because the I/O is different between the two.