fsp file extension

Drop a line and a screenshot if you need help on anything inside the project. I program safety controllers regularly, especially SICK.

Thanks a lot I might have to take you up on that.

I suspect from looking at the PLC code, that they are just passing safety I/O from the SICK into the compact logix, not sure yet.

This is day one of no information project X.

view

Not sure if it is corrupted or a version conflict.

Error says the I/O cards are unknown and they have red question marks.
Also says the project was designed in verison 1.9 sp2 but that is the version I loaded and the version is visible in the upper right corner.

SICKerror.PNG

Both Bosch Rexroth (SLc) and Mitsubishi (Melsec WS) make a variant of the SICK Flexisoft controller and software. I don't know if their software use the FSP-extension. It might have been created in one of their software packages.

Drop a line and a screenshot if you need help on anything inside the project. I program safety controllers regularly, especially SICK.

Both Bosch Rexroth (SLc) and Mitsubishi (Melsec WS) make a variant of the SICK Flexisoft controller and software. I don't know if their software use the FSP-extension. It might have been created in one of their software packages.

The customer said it used Flexi Soft 1.0 SP2.

https://www.sick.com/ag/en/flexi-soft-designer/p/p81369

I think it is either corrupted through email or just the wrong file.

Next step is to see if they can open the file on their end first before sending it.

If they can open it , I will get them to ZIP it to stop the internet from break it up in transit.
Any passworded ZIP file is sent unbroken. Email used to corrupt the SLC500 and PLC5 files. I am just speculating this might be the case.

If you have the safety controller you can still upload the project without losing anything.

That's good to know.

I was able to load V1.9 on the host and the progect file opens normally with no issues.

But when I opened it in the VM it will not open the file.

So probably a windows conflict for some sort.

Host is Win 10 and the VM is Win7 both 64 bit. I would like for them both to be on the VM.

Maybe 1.9 doesn't like Win 7.

If you have the safety controller you can still upload the project without losing anything.

Onsite now.
Cant upload or download to cpu due to critical error.

Is there a way to clear the fault?

Tried power off and searched through everything i could find.

Last edited: