Schneider/Modicon Plc Software

exiled

Hi folks,
I have to go and edit some analogue loops & move a couple of outputs on a panel consisting of a old Modicon TSX 17 plc.

Now i havn't been online with a TSX since 2001 (AKA Windows millenium) Infact i hav'nt even installed the software on my XP Pro pcs. We only have two panels with them in (Dutch company) so we didnt think the need would arrive.

I have dug out the software and the versions i have are:
  • TSX Micro/Premium V 1.1
  • PL7 Micro v 3.4
Am i flogging a dead horse by installing it on my laptop or do they work with XP? Im not bothered about upgrading firmware ect.
I have had a look on the Schneider uk web site, but i cant find any old info relating to V1.1/3.4.
(i dont even own a pc running win 98/NT ect but it might be worth us guys keeping an "old relic"

Thanx in advance

I'm assuming those are DOS based. When we switched to NT, I tried everything I could think of to get modsoft to work. It would run, but I could never get it to communicate. Something about NT just wouldnt give up the comm port to a dos program. So, I finally went and found the smallest replacement hard drive I could find for my laptop, dug up my old copy of Dos 6.22 and just switched HDs when i had a legacy system like that.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about those older versions of PL7 or TSX. But I bet you'll run into the same problems. If you do get them to work, please let me know and let me know what hoops you had to jump through.

BTW, if you dont have DOS, I think you can find it for free on the internet, or at worse, you might have to pay $5 (but you still get to download the disks, so you'll have it within a few minutes).

-jeff

Hakutsuru said:
I'm assuming those are DOS based. When we switched to NT, I tried everything I could think of to get modsoft to work. It would run, but I could never get it to communicate. Something about NT just wouldnt give up the comm port to a dos program. So, I finally went and found the smallest replacement hard drive I could find for my laptop, dug up my old copy of Dos 6.22 and just switched HDs when i had a legacy system like that.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about those older versions of PL7 or TSX. But I bet you'll run into the same problems. If you do get them to work, please let me know and let me know what hoops you had to jump through.

BTW, if you dont have DOS, I think you can find it for free on the internet, or at worse, you might have to pay $5 (but you still get to download the disks, so you'll have it within a few minutes).

-jeff
I usePL-7 once in awhile and have it on win-98 as it does require DOS.

I also have the dongles required to communicate with the plc.

Do you not need dongles on that system?

exiled said:
Hi folks,
I have to go and edit some analogue loops & move a couple of outputs on a panel consisting of a old Modicon TSX 17 plc.

Now i havn't been online with a TSX since 2001 (AKA Windows millenium) Infact i hav'nt even installed the software on my XP Pro pcs. We only have two panels with them in (Dutch company) so we didnt think the need would arrive.

I have dug out the software and the versions i have are:
  • TSX Micro/Premium V 1.1
  • PL7 Micro v 3.4
Am i flogging a dead horse by installing it on my laptop or do they work with XP? Im not bothered about upgrading firmware ect.
I have had a look on the Schneider uk web site, but i cant find any old info relating to V1.1/3.4.
(i dont even own a pc running win 98/NT ect but it might be worth us guys keeping an "old relic"

Thanx in advance

Neither of your software packages will program a TSX17. Your software is for TSX37 devices.

TSX17 requires PL7-2. I don't believe there is any Windows based software for TSX17.

Hakutsuru said:
If you do get them to work, please let me know and let me know what hoops you had to jump through.

Had a similar problem with Proworx Plus, I could load it onto XP and it would run, but could not get it to communicate. I suspected problem to be Modbus RTU mode (it requires precise timing), so switched plc comm port to ascii mode and it now works fine. Just something to keep in mind.