Elau via OPC Server to GE Proficy Historian

johnms1024

Anyone with experience tying ELAU plc into GE Proficy Historian (or any historian) via Elau's OPC Server? We're starting a pilot project with GE's Proficy suite and have the Elau EPAS-4 software installed, and it talks to the Elau plc, but we can't tell how to get the Elau OPC server to talk to it (or if it is) so we can see this data from our Historian.

Any help greatly appreciated as this is the first attempt at this in our worldwide company and we have a LOT of eyes on this project that isn't moving quickly enough.

And no help is available from PLC vendor either.
Thanks in advance,
John

The program that is running on the Elau controller (which you create with EPAS-4) needs to be configured to know what data (variables, etc.) you want sent to the OPC server. The OPC Server itself also needs to be configured with the communication parameters to find the Elau controller.

Have you tried calling Elau? They should be able to assign an engineer that can help you with this.