Bad Rockwell Experience

Roy, that is why every single piece of Rockwell Software now lives in its very own VM. Thier corporate Cranial Rectal Inversion syndrome with having everything tie together with "FactoryTalk Services" makes it virtually impossible to make any two Rockwell products co-exist.

Then they release a new version, to fix the crippling bugs they introduce for the initial rev release (Never load ##.00.000 or ANYTHING Rockwell, wait till ##.02.000 at least), and that has yet another FTServices platform, which goes and breaks everything again.

V.M.'s rock. They solve so many problems like this, its hard to remember the 'old days...back in the 1900's' when we didn't have them.

Cheers Imbeckner - saved me here after doing the v19 rs5000 install. Had to make a new shortcut from the taskbar and all good.

This fixed it for me:
118645 - FactoryTalk View Studio software error "VStudio does not appear to be registered"

Access Level: Everyone
Date Created: 03/14/2011 01:39 PM
Date Last Updated: 04/12/2011 09:10 AM

The error "VStudio does not appear to be registered" occurs when starting FactoryTalk View Studio. How can I prevent this?

The shortcut is corrupted. Try the following corrective action:

1. Start FactoryTalk View Studio software from:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Rockwell\
  2. Double-click on VStudio.exe.
If this works you can:

• Copy a shortcut of the VStudio.exe to your desktop to start the software there.
Or

• You can fix the shortcut as described in the next topic.

This fixed it for me:
118645 - FactoryTalk View Studio software error "VStudio does not appear to be registered"

Access Level: Everyone
Date Created: 03/14/2011 01:39 PM
Date Last Updated: 04/12/2011 09:10 AM

The error "VStudio does not appear to be registered" occurs when starting FactoryTalk View Studio. How can I prevent this?

The shortcut is corrupted. Try the following corrective action:

1. Start FactoryTalk View Studio software from:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Rockwell\
  2. Double-click on VStudio.exe.
If this works you can:

• Copy a shortcut of the VStudio.exe to your desktop to start the software there.
Or

• You can fix the shortcut as described in the next topic.
Thank you very much lmbeckner it solved my issue thanks a ton (y).

:site::site::site:

Rebuilding the shortcut worked for me as well.

After 20 years of dealing with this Rockwell stuff, FT Activations has only made it more annoying...

Thanks guys... :site:

Re-building the short-cut partly helped me.

Unfortunately I think the failed RSLogix5000 v.20 upgrade also damaged my .NET files, as well.

Can anyone clarify the procedure for fixing this?

Remove FactoryTalk Services Platform

If you cant remove factory Talk services platform CPR3 V4 boot up your FTview cd V6 and run UninstallALLRsi.exe This will remove all the factory talk products and when you reinstall the version you want it should work fine.

Roy, that is why every single piece of Rockwell Software now lives in its very own VM. Thier corporate Cranial Rectal Inversion syndrome with having everything tie together with "FactoryTalk Services" makes it virtually impossible to make any two Rockwell products co-exist.

Then they release a new version, to fix the crippling bugs they introduce for the initial rev release (Never load ##.00.000 or ANYTHING Rockwell, wait till ##.02.000 at least), and that has yet another FTServices platform, which goes and breaks everything again.

I try to only use revisions that start in odd numbers, had a devil of a bad time with versions 12 and 16...