OT Small Automatic Transfer Switch

rkicklighter

I've done an hour or so of searching and can't seem to find what our customer is looking for.

They have a critical control panel with 2 separate 120 VAC 20 amp feeds, one MCC and one UPS.

What they want is an automatic transfer switch for these 2 feeds. Something I would normally do with a DPDT power relay, holding the coil closed with the primary power source.

They don't like that idea and want a true ATS. There is something in place already that's been there for 20+ years. No markings, name, manufacturer, etc. It is believed to be a home-brew solution from the early 90's.

Anyone know where I can find a 20 to 30 amp ATS, single phase, panel mount, hard wired, with Primary and Secondary power feeds. Something like a 80% switch and 90% pickup rating. Preferably adjustable and preferably with dry contacts for Feed A OK, Feed B OK and Alarm.

In my searching I found one from TSI Power that may work. Most others are in NEMA enclosures that won't fit in the cabinet without major modifications.

Thanks!

I've done an hour or so of searching and can't seem to find what our customer is looking for.

They have a critical control panel with 2 separate 120 VAC 20 amp feeds, one MCC and one UPS.

What they want is an automatic transfer switch for these 2 feeds. Something I would normally do with a DPDT power relay, holding the coil closed with the primary power source.

They don't like that idea and want a true ATS. There is something in place already that's been there for 20+ years. No markings, name, manufacturer, etc. It is believed to be a home-brew solution from the early 90's.

Anyone know where I can find a 20 to 30 amp ATS, single phase, panel mount, hard wired, with Primary and Secondary power feeds. Something like a 80% switch and 90% pickup rating. Preferably adjustable and preferably with dry contacts for Feed A OK, Feed B OK and Alarm.

In my searching I found one from TSI Power that may work. Most others are in NEMA enclosures that won't fit in the cabinet without major modifications.

Thanks!

We use Riello or Socomec, trouble is most of them are arranged around the IT world so are rack mount, although Socomec and ABB will do open frame ones they will all be 3 phase it think.

You could check Automatic transfer switches for RVs. They come in 30 Amp and 50 Amp models. Just a thought.

I just found out from the customer they already use TSI Power units in all their DCS cabinets so I will be using them on this as well.

Thanks for the suggestions!