You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old February 22nd, 2021, 02:09 AM   #1
Anytech
Ukraine

Wonderware multi PLC communication

Hello,

In Wonderware System Platform you can configure communication to several PLCs in different ways, and I am interested which is "best practice"?

Let's say we have 1 PC and 10 PLC. Each PLC has 2 update intervals. Config options:
  1. In SMC - One instance of SIDIR server with 10 nodes configured. Each node has 2 Device Groups. In ArchestrA - One DDESuiteLinkClient with 10*2=20 topics configured.
  2. In SMC - One instance of SIDIR server with 10 nodes configured. Each node has 2 Device Groups. In ArchestrA - 10 DDESuiteLinkClients each with 2 topics configured.
  3. In SMC - 10 instances of SIDIR server each with 1 node configured. In ArchestrA - 10 DDESuiteLinkClients each with 2 topics configured.

I use 1st option, but it's pain in the neck to configure 20 topics in small window of DDESuiteLinkClient, so I've thought maybe I'm doing something wrong...

TL/DR: How do you guys configure multi PLC communication in Wonderware?
Old February 22nd, 2021, 08:43 AM   #2
widelto
Colombia

@Techuser: Itīs better if you create a new thread.
Answering your question , one way to do it is to send data from one plc to the other, no experience with Mitubishi , maybe sendind a message.
If using scada, you can try using derivated tags, i.e. pass data from one plc to another thru scada.
@Anytech, I guess that using an OPC server UA or DA you can get all info from your PLCs. you did not mention if all your plcs were same brand or not.
Old February 22nd, 2021, 10:37 PM   #3
TECHUSER
Australia

thanks my friend
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum