Elau Max4 problem

munir344

Dear friends,
This is to seek support regarding a problem we are facing we have elau max4 installed in one of our packing machine since the device is obsolete we decided to arrange a spare for that but came to know that only refurbished one are available in the market, we went for it, bit to our disappointment when we installed it in the machine we are facing an unusual problem i.e. max 4 is not displaying an err all err lights(buserrr,err) are off but the peripheral wago module is not communicating with the max 4 whereas the same wago is communicating with old max4 negating the fact that there can be any problem in wago devices the communication protocol is can layer can you guys help me in identifying the cause of problem

Hmm, I don't recall for certain, but isn't CAN an option module for the Max4 series? Does the refurb processor have that option installed?

Hmm, I don't recall for certain, but isn't CAN an option module for the Max4 series? Does the refurb processor have that option installed?

Thanks for the reply
Yea its an optional module but what do you mean by (option installed?) We have a program in the cf card and i believe it holds all the configuration including the installed optional modules, isnt that so?

There is a hardware option module to make CAN work.

Yea we have that installed with it and intresting thing is when we are replacing that optional card with the old max4 that hardware card is working perfectly with it however it isnt working with this spare processor do we need to make any software adjustments as well? I have tried to look through pacdrive diagnostics and there is no error. :(

Hmm,
So, correct me if I am wrong but you've tried

Old processor, Old Option card - Works fine.
New processor, New Option card - Doesn't work.
Old processor, New Option card - Works fine?
New processor, Old option card - ???

Hmm,

New processor old option card not working aswell

Hmm,

Any suggestions