Platform of a PLC

NskNSK

Hi Friends,

Computer system has a platform for run its application... like Windows/Linux/Java vertual platform
Mobile phone has Android/Symbian/OSx...

How to function our program in PLC...It should have a platform..So, What is the platform of PLC?
Is it a firmware platform?
Please explain this...

Thank in advance.

Aren't most PLC's based on micro controllers? At least the older series?

Aren't most PLC's based on micro controllers? At least the older series?

Most of the older series were.

Nowadays I think they run on standard general purpose PC chips; it's just so much cheaper.

What are those chips?
What is that type?
Genaral purpose chips. :eek:

I don't know the exact chipset numbers, but the my understanding is that it's the same kind of CPUs you'd run your laptop from. Rockwell uses Intel chips for sure for its Logix platform.