Siemens coros op 35 alternative

02js4130

HI,

I currently have an issue with SIEMENS hardware with which i need help!

I have a Siemens COROS OP 35 running a thermoglide which is old and dated now and costly to replace in the event of failure is there a current equivalent HIM that will do the job? easy to interchange programs?

Also is there any way of using a Siemens s7 with allen bradley HMI?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
The recent Siemens HMIs can communicate with AB PLCs, but I have no idea if the AB HMIs can communicate directly with Siemens. You'd probably need a third party OPC server.

I think Coros is 4 or 5 HMI generations behind the current lines (Comfort and Basic Panels programmed with WinCC Comfort V14). I think there is technically a migration path (Coros -> Protool -> WinCC Flex -> WinCC Comfort), but you probably will need multiple versions of each, and the conversion will lose a little bit at each step. ALso, current gen panels are 16:9 instead of the typical older 4:3, so the screens usually need to be rearrainged some. It can auto stretch screens, but without at least a little massaging, it never looks right.

Realsically, it would probably be easier to start from scratch.

:mad:
I wrote basically the same in ther other post with the same topic.

Anyway, I think that if you know how to do it, taking the migration/conversion path may be worth the effort because you then get all the correct tags, all the alarm texts, all the graphics etc.
Definitely it takes some checking and adjusting but I can do the above in a couple of hours, which may be much better than having to start all over.