ME Transfer Utility Problem

halla26

Hi all

I'm currently in the process of trying to upload/download to a PV Plus 1250.

The panelview has an extension controlnet card on the rear of it that we use to communicate with the processor.

Up to now it's been ok, however today when trying to put a new .mer into it we are unable to do so.

On picture 1, you can see drilling down through RSLinx that the panelview is visible 00,Panelview Plus 1250, Panelview-Plus.

However using the Transfer Utility you can see on picture 2 I'm unable to navigate through controlnet backplane and the 3 squares just keep illuminating not expanding to the panelview internal memory itself.

I've tired unplugging the controlnet connection from the panelview and going through via Ethernet (patch and crossover), using RS232, USB Stick, 1784 controlnet module but to no avail.

What's strange however, I can connect to the processor through the panelview via Ethernet to controlnet from the panelview, but yet I cant nab off the panelview itself, feels like its just a comms port at the moment.

Even trying to ping it comes back with no result?

Any ideas?

hs3ISj.jpg

MMYMKC.jpg

If all else fails you could try a firmware update. Just make sure you don't go to a version newer than the HMI software you have.

The only way to Upload/Download from/to a PV+ is via Serial DF-1 or Ethernet.

You could also transfer the Runtime application out of/into a PV+ using a USB memory stick (as the HMI's External Memory) and the terminal's File Menu Copy/Paste feature; the memory stick will have to contain the nested folders Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Runtime; the .mer will be Pasted to/Copied from the nested Runtime folder previously created onto the USB stick.

Although I have never attempted it, you could probably setup the HMI's Ethernet port as a Static Address (DHCP Disabled) address within the same subnet (range) as your PC's NIC and then connect the two with an Ethernet patch cord; you will then run the transfer utility using an Ethernet driver.

If your PC has a Serial Port and you own a 2711-NC13 cable you could also Upload/Download the .mer using the Transfer Utility and a DF-1 driver.

Last edited:
The only way to Upload/Download from/to a PV+ is via Serial DF-1 or Ethernet.

You could also transfer the Runtime application out of/into a PV+ using a USB memory stick (as the HMI's External Memory) and the terminal's File Menu Copy/Paste feature; the memory stick will have to contain the nested folders Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Runtime; the .mer will be Pasted to/Copied from the nested Runtime folder previously created onto the USB stick.

Although I have never attempted it, you could probably setup the HMI's Ethernet port as a Static Address (DHCP Disabled) address within the same subnet (range) as your PC's NIC and then connect the two with an Ethernet patch cord; you will then run the transfer utility using an Ethernet driver.

As long as the PC's NIC support auto-mdx(most do since the early 2000s) this will work fine yeah.

Tried all the above unfortunately and still no better off.

It's just like ME transfer utility is refusing to see just that one panelview. Tried it on 5 other panelviews and 2 different laptops and yet the same issue?

Is there a method of disabling transfer from a panelview or disabling the Ethernet port perhaps on a panelview?

it's version 5.0 firmware

For some feedback, it was found to be a fault panelview. The only way we could transfer/download on this particular panelview was via USB stick.