couldn't find my CPU In my TIA Portal

Any name

hello,
I'm working in a project on TIA Portal V13. when I tried to configure my hardware I couldn't my CPU. I checked the compatibility of Siemens and I found that it's not compatible with my TIA Version. is there a way to add the CPU to my library or I need to update my version.

Another question if you may, why we need two hardware for I/O. why the CPU is not enough since I/O are showing on it ?

mind my questions but I'm still a beginner in PLC programming.

If you tell us exactly what hardware you have (part numbers, and firmware version if you know it), we can provide more exact answers.

I'm working in a project on TIA Portal V13. when I tried to configure my hardware I couldn't my CPU. I checked the compatibility of Siemens and I found that it's not compatible with my TIA Version. is there a way to add the CPU to my library or I need to update my version.

Newer Hardware requires newer software, although some things can be updated via HSP (Hardware Support Pack). New CPUs usually require an upgrade to Portal.

It is also possible your HW is so old that it isn't supported, but this usually means pre-2007 HW.

Another question if you may, why we need two hardware for I/O. why the CPU is not enough since I/O are showing on it ?

Not sure what you mean here. Some CPUs do have IO built in, but if you need more than that you need extra IO modules.

I think he means that a compact CPU will take up two hardware slots.

The HSP can be found through the Automation Software Update tool, or here.

If you tell us exactly what hardware you have (part numbers, and firmware version if you know it), we can provide more exact answers.

Newer Hardware requires newer software, although some things can be updated via HSP (Hardware Support Pack). New CPUs usually require an upgrade to Portal.

It is also possible your HW is so old that it isn't supported, but this usually means pre-2007 HW.

Not sure what you mean here. Some CPUs do have IO built in, but if you need more than that you need extra IO modules.

My CPU is 6ES7214-1AF40-0XB0
I mean i need to connect a sensor to the PLC, is it necessary to configure the Input and output hardware ? I can’t connect to the CPU Directly ? I just want to understand why i need to configure the I/O hardwares everytime with the CPU
Thank you for your help

Also, you'll need Safety Basic V14 in addition to Step 7 Basic V14 to use one of the Safety processors.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "configure the input and output hardware". If you want to add additional HW modules, yes you need to configure them. If you want to use safety devices, then you definitely need to add safety IO cards. If you want to wire a sensor into the inputs integrated into the PLC, you just need to configure that IO point to see if the settings match what you're trying to do.

It might work if you just create a tag for the IO point you wired the sensor into, but sometimes it is necessary to change the parameters from the defaults.

I just want to understand why i need to configure the I/O hardwares everytime with the CPU

It maybe easier to select "unknown" and just find the MAC address when browsing and detect the I/O and CPU then you know you have the correct IO/CPU selected, then you will configure "changes only" then you can just compile and download

Or... attach a screenshot of what issues you are having