PanelView 900 upgrade

rbkief

banghead

Please help me! :confused:

Before I begin, I would like to say hello to all. I would like to also add that I am new to PLC programming therefore my knowledge is very limited.

Now, my palletizer currently use panelview 900 and would like to upgrade to 1000.

After uploading the current file (program) from the pv900 to my pc (using direct rs232 cable) using PanelBuilder32 3.80 version, it advice to convert file to newer version==yes; but then fail to load the file after convertion.

Display something like "Cannot load filename.pva file maybe corrupt or the disc is full".

Thingking, no problem I have a backup file.

Next, plugged in the pv1000 and attemp to download 97x_727.pva to pv1000 using rs232. Now..I have other problem. I can upload but cannot download to the pv1000 rio.

Just my luck. Puzzled with the result, I went to alternet route to my troubleshooting. Thus, got another pv1000 ethernet and connected to the network and try that. Well, I guess some of you may already know the outcome. Yup the same thing! I can upload but cannot download. :confused: banghead

Thank for your time and respond in advance. :unsure:

hello

Last time this happened to me it was the wrong version of panebuilder.
I was using v3.7 and the panelview had been built using v3.8, it would upload but i could not edit it. Upgrading to v3.8 cleared the problem.
The error message you get was exactly the one i got!

regards

kevin

rbkief,

Make sure you have the correct model Panleview designated for the application. Open your file in Panelbuilder and in the left hand Application pane, go to Application Settings->Terminal Setup, and make sure you have selected the correct model PV.

Good Luck,
Jeff