controllogix gateway to modbus

stevedunk

Hi,
I have a controllogix gateway with ethernet module and DH+ module we used to communicate with SLC500 5/04 network. This factory is finished, still have gateway and am wondering if there is a module available to enable comms via the ethernet module to an existing modbus network.

Since you're using a CLX bridge, if you wanted to connect MODBUS to the same chassis, you would have to install a CLX PLC.

This will not function like the bridge does, you will not be able to "browse" to any device and communicate. You will have to Ladder Logic for any and all communications, dedicated logic for every word, bit etc...
Example:
If you have a device on Modbus, that needs information from one of the 504's, then the CLX PLC would have to message the 504 for the data, then write it to the Prosoft card, then the Modbus device can get the data from there. The Prosoft card can be configured as a Master or Slave.

The Prosoft modules have good documentation and the tech support is great.
UDT's for the module configuration are available for download.
Here's a link to all the Prosoft Clx modules:http://www.prosoft-technology.com/content/view/full/5628