Converting LD to FBD

daveco

Lifetime Supporting Member
How would I create the following in Function Block?

I'm using Unity Pro but if you can show me an example in any logic software, I can build it in Unity.

Basically if EFV (Effluent valve) is closed, I want a ZERO value to be transferred. If it's not closed, I want it to show the NTU value but I need to work off of the same Input. In other words I don't have a EFV_Open contact to work with.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to duplicate the NC contact portion.

Capture.JPG

I'm in the process of converting LD984 to either LD or FBD and trying to figure out which will be the best way to convert it. I know the LD works, but just looking at my options.

I found "A" way to do it, but it seems messy. If anyone has a cleaner/simpler way, I'm all eyes.
Used the XOR block that requires only one of the inputs will produce an output, if both have power (1) than no output.

Capture2.JPG

It looks like you're doing a Quantum LL984 conversion...

Unity now has MOVE instructions. No need to use SUB to put values into registers.

You don't need the XOR. Just use the "Valve Closed" bit on the EN pin, right click on the pin and select "Negate pin".

There is also a NOT function block if you want to make it more obvious.

I would personally take your Flow GT 100 and feed the result into an AND block with the valve closed input as the second input. Use the result as an EN for a MOVE block.

That works! Thanks Saffa! I hadn't thought about the NEGATE option. I changed to the Moves yesterday after finding them.

The results:

Capture5.JPG

looking much better. Still one sub in the that can be turned into a MOVE.

We are doing an LL984 conversion to FB for a WWTP at the moment and getting rid of a few hundred SUBs has been almost therapeutic. I used to hate having to think about what each pin would do when i used to troubleshoot the old program

We're on the uphill side of the water cycle from you :)

As you're finding out, SUBs are used everywhere in the Modicon water world. I'll put some thought into how to replace that sub but I need a zero value when the contact is closed.

Oh... Simply use the EN pin and move the zero! Duh!
Thanks.

Unity have different program scan than old modicons.

Unity have scan from left to right then down.

Old modicons from up to down and then to right.

This means that you probably also need to move your zeroing measrument by valve closing under GT block.

Otherwise you still have reading on Unity if input is over 100 but there is also close_valve input on "1" state.

Doh, there is negated input also

Last edited: