S7-200 recognition problem

ibora

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to connect a s7 224 cpu over ppi. I'm establishing connection but microwin shows plc as unknown. If anyone knows solution pls help me. Please look up to the attached picture.

20180829_211656.jpg

What is the part number? If it is an S7-200 CN or S7-200 smart, those are more or less China only products and regular microwin more or less doesn't support them.

Thank You for answer mk42,
I'm sure it's not China product. But to be sure what is the part number exactly i have to check on site tomorrow.

The addresses look a bit wonky, Microwin normally takes address 0 and the PLC addresses after that. Maybe try setting the Microwin address back to 0 in Communications / Set PG/PC Interface / PC PPI cable. And make sure you allow it to search all baud rates.

Thanks for all answers,
Yes, i tried to make microwin adress zero but when i try to connect again its turning to 2. I didn't understand why. But tried many times result is same.

Where did you get the PPI cable from? I have found that some of the slower cheaper cables will return unknown but they will still work

Have you tried to upload the program? what is the part number of the cable?

Try going up to 19,2

You will need to change the speed in the program and download it to the CPU then change your cable to match and then try it again

Make sure you backup the program before you make any changes also dont go faster then 19,2 as that cable I think is limited