parallel instructions

JackM

Ok, fist of all I am sorry for asking stupid questions but it appears that I am the only one having this issue. I have a set of parallel copy instructions that is supposed to copy the top one and then copy empty data on the next one down, it seems to work for everyone else, But of course for me my results may vary. I have seen it clear the data before copying it first, If I put them is series they seem to work fine but they don't want mine to be different than everyone else. How are branched parallel instructions like this supposed to be executed? I added a pic to help clarify what is going on. about half the time the data is being cleared before it copies for some reason I would like to run it like everyone else what am I doing wrong?

Parallel.gif

Last edited:
JackM,

Sorry but your picture didn't come through. When you try posting it again, also mention what software package & version you're working with as this may provide vital clues.

Hello RonJohn I just tried a different format hopefully that works. And I am using Studio version 30

Last edited:
NOW the pic is visible. Putting the COP instructions in parallel is totally acceptable the way you've shown.

My question is are you absolutely sure that TR_OP100L_OP170L_CELL[10].SD is actually populated EVERY TIME with something other than TR_EMPTY_DATA prior to these copy instructions being executed? If not, you may be barking up the wrong tree.

What version of logix are you running?
what processor and firmware.

when the copy instructions are in series, they execute from left to right.
when they are in parallel, the top command is done first and then the bottom.

I would check for the tag elsewhere to see if you clear the data.

james

Yes, I was watching it on the screen 10 had a value of 1 and that is normal but then it went to zero and I did not see the hand off from 10 to 11. I triple checked my hand off from TR_OP100L_OP170L_CELL[8] to TR_OP100L_OP170L_CELL[10] it's copying every time.

I've not worked with GuardLogix but am not aware of any differences from that and a regular L73 that would affect the COP instruction.

I'd suggest you do a cross reference on TR_OP100L_OP170L_CELL[10] vs. other elements of that array, just to make sure there's not a rogue destructive reference somewhere. There have been numerous times over the years where I fat fingered an element number, etc.

I notice your COP only references the .SD sub-element. I take it you're not wanting to copy the entire tag and that TR_EMPTY_DATA is the same data type as .SD?

Thank you I am cross referencing everything again to make sure. Yes the SD is just the part style that we are tracking everything else is just internal for the cell. the .SD is being transferred to the other cell. It seems really odd once I took the instruction from parallel to series with the TR_EMPTY_DATA happening after the transfer from 10 to 11 it has worked flawlessly? It does not make sense? Thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated!!!