TIA V14 Resume logging after download

Jeebs

Any of you guys know how to fix this small issue I'm having?

Got a TP1500 with a TIA V14 project. It has some logs. On download of project the logging stops. Restart of runtime restarts logging. Highly undesirable behavior as the older versions, WinCC Flex, logging restarted automatically after download of project.

There any checkbox I'm missing? Any obscure selection I haven't found yet?

Any of you guys know how to fix this small issue I'm having?

Got a TP1500 with a TIA V14 project. It has some logs. On download of project the logging stops. Restart of runtime restarts logging. Highly undesirable behavior as the older versions, WinCC Flex, logging restarted automatically after download of project.

There any checkbox I'm missing? Any obscure selection I haven't found yet?

I've seen a checkbox for "enable logging at runtime start", but that's the default, and it sounds like its already doing that. That's wierd behavior, it seems like starting runtime after a DL would already count as a restart.

Were there any pertinent system messages in the alarm buffer? (attempted logging restart but failed, etc)

Error 80015: The network is not present or not started. 1222

Which seems to be a WinCE error. Looks like network connection is broken on download. But not when stopping runtime.

Error 80015: The network is not present or not started. 1222

Which seems to be a WinCE error. Looks like network connection is broken on download. But not when stopping runtime.

Weird. Maybe communications takes more time to get established after a download? Does it start give another message saying that communications are started up after that one?

There are system functions you can run to start/stop logging manually. Maybe you can use one of those to test if the logging is running or not, and then start it if needed?

🔨

🤾

đź“š
🔨

On reboot of panel the logs connect automatically. Only on download it disconnects and doesn't reconnect before the end of log initialization. Takes about 10-12s to reconnect to network logs after a download. Reboot of panel or stop of runtime gives $RT_OFF$ in logs. Download of project gives $RT_DIS$ in logs. Means it was programmed as such.

Been exploring some other options such as local logging and copying or archiving logs to remote location at set times. Copying is a no-go since it requires the network log to be accessible else it throws a "9999 Global: Unknown error,". So it still requires a runtime stop. Archiving isn't doing it either. Since it creates a new file for each archive. Cluttering the storage location. And it would require a rewrite of our archiving software.

Gonna park this issue till a later date. Wasting too much time on something that used to work without issue in WinCC Flex.