Webcam Feed on Win CE

NH-Thor

How to get a low delay webcam feed into a HMI/Industrial-PC with Windows embedded, or factory talk ME.

This beckhoff Industrial PC

or
A Rockwell panelview like this

Keep the following in mind:
  • The solution has to be able to talk to a Allen Bradley compact logix.
  • video feed from USB or IP cam.
  • A low delay of the feed from the webcam to the HMI/PC.
  • Drivers are hard to find for windows CE

If you have any solutions, even if its not like what i have set up please post it!

What do you mean when you say a "low delay" webcam feed? Would, say, 1 second be acceptable delay? I haven't seen many realtime videostreaming systems, there's usually some buffering to make it look good. Using webcams for things like quality, part present, or maybe doublechecking alignment is OK, but I wouldn't ever recommend using them to give the operator a view while jogging a motor left/right.

If that lines up with what you're trying, the Comfort panels from Siemens could be a good match. A solid HMI, and way cheaper than a panelview.

What do you mean when you say a "low delay" webcam feed? Would, say, 1 second be acceptable delay? I haven't seen many realtime videostreaming systems, there's usually some buffering to make it look good. Using webcams for things like quality, part present, or maybe doublechecking alignment is OK, but I wouldn't ever recommend using them to give the operator a view while jogging a motor left/right.

If that lines up with what you're trying, the Comfort panels from Siemens could be a good match. A solid HMI, and way cheaper than a panelview.

To ensure skin is alined in a tan machine. Right now there is a mirror, but you want to replace it with a video feed. if the delay does not get too long.

Thank you for your reply mate!