Help with Panelview plus 600 login history

bdingus76

Hi everyone.. We are currently using RFIDeas to login into out panelview using revision 8.2 with FactoryTalk ViewME. I'm having trouble finding an object to set up to show user login history. Is there a standard object for this or is it something that needs created? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, Technote 29564 describes how to do it, if you have a techconnect agreement.

You basically use a macro to write from the system tag system\user or CurrentUserName() to a string tag in the PLC.

As you want a login history, you would have to do a comparison in the PLC to check if the user name has changed. If it has changed, you would probably move the old user name to a new location (possibly by using an array)

This helps a little bit. Guess what I was looking for is a pre created list similar to that of the alarm list on the panelview. I noticed in revision 10 I can accomplish this with the audit trial but that seems to be a pain as a single log in shows up 3 consecutive times in the list.