Help with Customized Numeric Keypad in FactoryTalk Se

Hi there,

FactoryTalk SE experts can you help me with this one please.

The SE numeric keypad is horrible and not suited for my application so I made my own on a display.

The numeric keypad is basically just all the numbers on buttons. On each button press I use the Send Keys "x" command to write to the tag.

So when i load the display i pass a tag parameter PIN_NUMBER. On the display I have a numeric display connected to #1.

The problem is the data does not get written to tag PIN_NUMBER (DownloadALL command) unless I place a numeric input on display and click it before I start pressing the numbers. Then it will work.

Any ideas how to get around this, i.e bring the numeric input into focus upon loading of display?

I've made a SE numeric popup. I used VBA code to capture different passed parameters. One of tem being the tag I want it to write to.

From where I want the popup to appear, usually with touch animation: Display NumberPad /T#1,#2.CVOper,0,100,%,1

Then some of the VBA code in the NumberPad:

Set ParamList = Me.TagParameters
TopicName = ParamList.Item(1)
TagName = ParamList.Item(2)
TagMinValue = ParamList.Item(3)
TagMaxValue = ParamList.Item(4)
TagUnits = ParamList.Item(5)
DecimalPt = ParamList.Item(6)

Then create a taggroup to write to the tag:

Set TagGroup = CreateTagGroup(Me.AreaName, 1000)
TagGroup.Add "::[" & TopicName & "]" & TagName
TagGroup.Active = True
TagsOK = TagGroup.RefreshFromSource(TagsInError)
TextBox1.Value = TagGroup(1).Value