PROFINET software stack

ekrem03

I have a project to communicate with either PLC or HMI through PROFINET from my microprocessor. I have designed my Ethernet hardware and now I am looking for a free PROFINET software stack. I have not found any stack yet. Is there anybody here that could give a tip here?

I am also providing a Profibus communication and for that the ASIC chip (from profichip) came with the software stack. For Profinet I couldn't find any IC to use, for now I am planning to use microchips ENC424J600 for the ethernet interface and find a software stack that could help me to communicate to a PROFINET machine.

Thanks

Baranyk: Renesas chip looks like a solution for me. From my understanding is it a stand alone Profinet interface with Profinet-SPI to the microprocessor?

JesperMP: These are pretty costly for my application process right now.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how it works... I haven't worked with it. But I do know it forms the basis for a lot of Profinet-based systems...

My company has implemented the ProfiNet stack from Molex and got it certified. Yes it costs lots of money but it is worth it if you consider how long it will take to write the stack yourself..

The ProfiNet stack is HUGE!!! It is bigger than all the other protocols put together. Formerly that title belonged to Etherent/IP.

I think your best option is to find the stack already implemented on a microcontroller or module that you can interface your project to.

Profinet is not a low cost protocol.