Generate Emails / Run Batch Files Based on WW Tag Values

five

As info, this is cross posted on MrPLC as well.

We are using WonderWare Historian / Archestra. We were formerly using inSQL and upgraded last year. Recent questions have come up.

• Is it possible to have an email alert sent when a certain tag changes from 0 to 1 (binary tag)?
    On my own I thought about using this tutorial to generate the emails via the sql table. Was planning to use the view dbo.Live from the Runtime table. I don't know much about either SQL or Historian. I asked our WW vendor about it and he recommended software called Win911 for the email alerts. He also mentioned that it should be possible via inTouch as well, I asked for more info - but haven't heard back thus far.
  • Similar to the the last setup, but instead of an email, I want to run a batch file when a binary tag is triggered. Any ideas on how to achieve this?
Anyone have any ideas about either of these setups?

You can create an event tag in historian that monitors your discrete value for a change (leading or trailing edge detection). The event tag has actions properties of which emailing someone (including summary data) is one option, and also another action you can use is running your batch file.

Interesting, thanks for getting back to me.

For the batch file, instead of using an adam module or something like that into datahist, I ended up just sending a 5V signal to a serial cable and signaling the batch file to run. I used this page to come up with my solution.

For the email generating one, I ended up storing the values for the tags in question, in a CSV file and monitoring it for changes and on change, an email is sent out.

Both of these methods are working, but I am interested in more info on how to do it natively. I'll look into the event tags and see if I can make any headway.