Microscan QX Hawk

mrtweaver

I was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with Microscans QX Hawk series of imagers?

I recently started demoing one of these units and it works quite well. The issue we are having comes about during the GET of an image from the imager.

First off when i contacted the company about acquiring an image from the imager i was told the only way was via Y-modem or Rs 232.

After myself and a counter part did some research we found you could issue a <op,20,.....> command and then the imager would gather the required and allow one to use FTP to GET the image. Works ok but rather slow and would at times bog down the imager.

So then after talking with tech support they mentioned a legacy item called EZ Tracks.

So we set that up, and using a decent compression method it transfers the related image rather quickly to their related named software.

But again we have an issue, it would seem that to make sure there was only ever 1 image being processed at any give time upon receiving the data from the imager it would pause the imager while it did the decode operation on the data.

Again not what we want, dont want to pause the imager at all.

So since the PC we are using has windows 7 on it we used a telnet program called Putty to view the data string.

So my basic question here is has anyone on here gotten images from a QX Hawk in any other means than what was described here?

if so what method did you use?

If you have knowledge about the data string that is sent from the imager and how to decode it that would be awesome. Because if we use putty to see the data string there is no pause on the imager.

Hope this is clear and for those who wish to see what the data string looks like i have attached one of the data strings to this message. Maybe to someone it will look familiar.

Thank you and have a great day.