Weird acting Flex I/O

sigshane

We have four separate Flex I/O branches, for lack of a better term, which feed into one CompactLogix controller, for generator RTD temperatures.

Well, all of a sudden one day, the branch for Unit 2 just stopped responding, and the status lights are behaving in the following manner:

1794-AENT ethernet adapter: module status light flashes green, link light steady green. network light seems to be steady green too.

1794-IR8 (4 each): flashing green, about twice the rate of the AENT's module status flashrate.

I did read that the flashing green on the RTD modules means 'functional, but not configured', but I cannot figure why, or how to resolve this.

All three of the other Flex 'branches' work fine. They are all connected via one ethernet-to-fiber adapter to the PLC in a remote space.

I hope someone can help with this.

Shane

We have four separate Flex I/O branches, for lack of a better term, which feed into one CompactLogix controller, for generator RTD temperatures.

Well, all of a sudden one day, the branch for Unit 2 just stopped responding, and the status lights are behaving in the following manner:

1794-AENT ethernet adapter: module status light flashes green, link light steady green. network light seems to be steady green too.

1794-IR8 (4 each): flashing green, about twice the rate of the AENT's module status flashrate.

I did read that the flashing green on the RTD modules means 'functional, but not configured', but I cannot figure why, or how to resolve this.

All three of the other Flex 'branches' work fine. They are all connected via one ethernet-to-fiber adapter to the PLC in a remote space.

I hope someone can help with this.

Shane

I don't have direct experience with the RTD module.

I do have direct experience with 'functional, but not configured' blink code

Try loading the config into the RTD module from your backups.

I have had the config mysteriously disappear from intelligent modules (mostly DNB or devicenet scanners, now that I think of it). Perhaps some modules do not isolate the communication lines well?