Error message on panel view plus

IdealDan

Hi Friends,

I'm getting several same error messages; ''Timed out Reading F28:9 from MircoLogix at 192. 168.0 30'' from a Panel View Plus 700 connected to Micro Logix 1400.

What could be the cause please?

Regards

In general, an error message that indicates a "time out" means there is a network communication interruption between the controller and the PLC.

Check and/or replace the cables between the PanelView and the MicroLogix.

The MicroLogix will also have some Ethernet diagnostic information available in its port status registers that you can read with RSLogix 500, but that's likely to just tell you "there are problems with the network wiring".

In general, an error message that indicates a "time out" means there is a network communication interruption between the controller and the PLC.

Check and/or replace the cables between the PanelView and the MicroLogix.

The MicroLogix will also have some Ethernet diagnostic information available in its port status registers that you can read with RSLogix 500, but that's likely to just tell you "there are problems with the network wiring".
OK, thanks a lot.
Can a Field instrument that as well? or PLC hardware failure.

Yes, the PLC port might have failed. It should be very easy to tell by examining the port status lights and connecting a computer to the system and using PING or RSLinx to determine the status of the devices.

A failed field instrument or incorrect PLC program is unlikely to be the problem. The error message describes a "timeout".

If the F28:9 register did not exist in the controller, the error message would indicated that the controller had given an "address does not exist" reply, rather than simply not answering, resulting in a time-out.