CPS: Instruction not certified for use in Safety routines

Someone at RA disagrees...

TN 50235: How CPS and COP work
Access Level: TechConnect
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp....ail/a_id/50235

Extract from the attached word document:

When compared to the COP instruction which only performs step 4, you can see there is a tremendous amount of overhead for the CPS instruction
Of course, that's not to say that you're objectively wrong or they're objectively right. The magnitude of the overhead is subjective and relative to a great number of other factors, and whether we call it "minor", "huge" or "tremendous" doesn't really add much to the discussion. It's just something to be aware of when deciding which instruction is better suited to your particular application.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Similar Topics

Dear all, In RS Logix 5000 i m using the CPS instruction to copy an UDT with 8 strings & 1 DINT tag in it. While the rung is executed sometimes...
Replies
Views
I was having an issue where I would use the CPS instruction to copy a sint value to a string value( len=decimal , data= sint[82]) The data values...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wish to verify the CPS instruction using RSLogix 5000 v20 on Controllogix PLC. Is there any method i could do this and generate a...
Replies
Views
Gents, I've a recipe program which uses UDT which has 58 int's / bool / dint's. I like to copy UDT[0] to UDT [1]. What should be the lenght ...
Replies
Views
I very rarely work with STRINGS and can't remember the last time. I've attached a l5k file that contains four rungs where I'm simulating...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom