Archestra could not resolve reference

Adam Bullen

Hi Guys;

I am getting this error when I try to reference anything in my template with a different reference then the name of the IO attribute.

I am talking via the ABCIP driver to a ControlLogix PLC. This is an existing plant with an existing InTouch application that we are going to migrate to Archestra Graphics. I am working on a test platform; one issue I have is that a reference with a different IO name doesn't work.

e.g. Archestra won't resolve attribute "MotorAlarm" as <iodevice>.$Motor.InAlarm since "InAlarm" is a reserved field; this is an issue for me. There are a few motors in the plant where an alarm not in the motor UDDT will cause the motor to be "InAlarm" this is handled in the PLC.

I decided to test this further we have a basic AlarmStd UDDT with Alarm; Ack; Delay and SP.

Archestra will resolve just fine if the attribute is called Delay.ACC -> "<IOdevice>.$AlarmStd.Delay.ACC"; but if I change the name to Elapsed with the same IO path it doesn't work any more.

Can someone help me out here as to why this is.