FTView- Cognex InSight Display Control

Mister Mac

Hi all,

I am hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction regarding setting up a cognex insight display control ActiveX into my FTView ME project.

Thus far I have setup my InSight display control onto a main screen in my HMI project, successfully established communications with the camera and can see my image displayed when I cycle the camera. All good.

However, I am struggling with scaling the image as my display control is only showing part of my inspection. I would need to make my display control the whole size of my screen in order to display the complete image, obviously this is not possible as I require some control status lights/buttons, etc.

The Insight display control properties have multiple connections that I think may be what Im looking for but I cannot find any info on what each of them do. The help when in the connections tab only shows some basic info.

Has anyone out there worked with these connections before to achieve a scaled/zoomed image?

Have made some progress on this one. The connection "Image Scale" will accept a float type variable with a value 0f 0.50 scaling the image by 50%

However when scaled I still need to scroll right on the image to display it all within the display control. This can be done by assigning a true bit to the "show scroll bars" connection. If a XY screen position could be entered into a connection that would solve the problem. From looking at the manual for the versaview software I note that this is possible on that software type but so far cannot get it to work on this application.