RSLogix 5000 V15 Features

gmarsh,

There is the Tag Monitor Tool that ships with the software.
5 pages with up to 100 tags/page. What's nice is that it runs outside of RSLogix5000 and the configurations can be saved.
Also, you can have in the same pages data from SLC500 & PLC-5 processors too.
Haven't heard whether they're going to engineer something like it "inside" the application like the CDM in RSLogix 5 & 500.

Craig

Gerry said:
It won't be plug-and-play.

Yeah... Misuse of jargon.

However, I've seen an ad for the FlexIO version of plug-and-play modules. Was it called XM??? I don't remember. Anyway, that looked kind of neat, but probably expensive.

If I only had an unlimited R&D budget... Man, there are so many toys I want to play with.

AK

Cross reference of SFC

Has anyone noticed that occurences of a Tag in an SFC do NOT show up in the cross reference anymore?

worked fine with v13
has "dissapeared" with version 15

Gotcho said:
I think all enhancements are good things. A person just has to decide if they are important to them. I know the Enhanced Tag browser, modifying UDT's On-Line and adding I/O online will make my life easier.

The catch is "unreferenced UDTs are editable". If you created one you probably had a reason for having and it is referenced by the program. It's not doing me much good at the moment - or I just haven't figured out how to edit them online yet.

Last edited: