Help with Cutler Hammer D100A PLC (Toshiba EX40)

Neat drawing. I see the LT1081 is obsolete, basically a RS232C to TTL dual transiever IC. One needs to find an alternative.
LT1081 Specs
I would use a Max 232 for the above it is a direct pin for pin replacement and there are lots of them available.
MAX 232 to LT1081 Alternative
Maybe I ought to build one and prove it seeing we still have a toshiba in production in our plant.
I would google the Max232 for lots of circuits and base it around the very well drawn circuit of jrwb4gbm

Neat drawing. I see the LT1081 is obsolete, basically a RS232C to TTL dual transiever IC. One needs to find an alternative.
LT1081 Specs
I would use a Max 232 for the above it is a direct pin for pin replacement and there are lots of them available.
Maybe I ought to build one and prove it seeing we still have a toshiba in production in our plant.
I would google the Max232 for lots of circuits and base it around the very well drawn circuit of jrwb4gbm

Great
I've found the MAX 232 in my supplier's cataloge, i will buy the parts and wire them up .

Will let you guys know the result.

Thanks

Attached is a simplified drawing of the interface. You will probably need to refer to the original drawing for more details.

hi jrb4gbm

in addition to the chip i will need four (4) each 2.2
microfarad capacitors rated @16 volts, (labeled C1 to C4 on the drawing),
and one (1) each 0.1 microfarad capacitor rated @16 volts, (labeled C5 on the drawing).

Does it matter if i get the capacitor that have higher rated voltage?
Like 50V for the 0uF1 capacitor
and 2uF2 capacitor rated at 50V
As these capacitors are the avaliable size in the cataloge

Last edited:
LT1081 Specs

You're right,the LT1081 is obsolete, my supplier dont have that part in their stock.

By the way the MAX 232 is great,it works perfectly now. after i've followed the circuit diagram from jrwb4gbm and build the interface adapter.
Now my PLC can communicate with my computer and now just need to tidy things up abit then its all doneeee.

Thanks rigicon for the alternative ic that you've refered.

Attached is a simplified drawing of the interface. You will probably need to refer to the original drawing for more details.

jrwb4gbm
Your simplified drawing has made very easy for me to build the interface adapter.Now i've builded the adapter and tested it ,it works perfectly.Just need to tiday things up abit then its all done

Thank you jrwb4gbm
p.s your software works fine on my window XP.

Just wanted to show you guys the result in some photos that i've taken after the interface have builded.

[img=http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4218/p1060341.jpg]

[img=http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7256/p1060354.jpg]

[img=http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3496/p1060342g.jpg]

Thank you all!!!

Does it matter if i get the capacitor that have higher rated voltage?
Like 50V for the 0uF1 capacitor
and 2uF2 capacitor rated at 50V
As these capacitors are the avaliable size in the cataloge.
Your're quite welcome.
I'm certainly glad it is working because it tests out the changes.
The 50V is fine. I have also seen Max232 circuits that use 1.0 micrfarad capacitors for C1 to C4 instead of 2.2 microfarads. I also substitute to higher voltage rated devices when the original voltage devices are not available.

rigicon, I'm glad you found out and posted that the Max232 was a direct substitute especially since it is currently available worldwide.

Last edited:
Eagle32
do you have the sentinel key? Because
im already build the interface, i try with the program but it say me that isnt connect a hardware key i think a sentinel.
please help me, i have to do a program, if you know how programming this plc, would you give me some tips?
regards

Eagle32
do you have the sentinel key? Because
im already build the interface, i try with the program but it say me that isnt connect a hardware key i think a sentinel.
please help me, i have to do a program, if you know how programming this plc, would you give me some tips?
regards

Sorry i don't have the sentinel key as you have mentioned above, but i have the Cutler hammer D100 software from Mr jrwb4gbm that does not required a hardware key to do programing. If you like i can send you the software, whats your email address?

Great news Eagle32.
Nice to know you came right. I use PDD which is toshiba software, there was a buy out or something long time ago by toshiba & cutler hammer. But basically the D100 cutler hammer was taken over by the toshiba ex series but the software PDD.exe in my case will also work although it is the old DOS version.
Snow here bet you are lovely and warm in the sun shine!
He He...

Could anyone send me the software of programation for the Cutler Hammer 100? I think that the software of Mr. jrwb4gbm doesn’t need the programation key.
My email is [email protected]
Thanks from Spain.

Sorry i have tried to send you the software to that email but i have received a return mail with error so it could not be send to that email address.