CompactLogix L23E connection problem.

diegoar13

Hello,i need your help. I cant connect to a CompactLogix L23E, I tried via Ethernet and Serial too. The PLC has a IP configured, I have ping it and it answer properly, but the RS Logix cant see it on the device tree. When i try with Serial, the RS Logix can configure the driver, but when i look on the device tree the PLC doesnt appear. Anyone with a similar experience.?

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

In general, the place you're looking for the controller icon is in the RSLinx "RSWho" browser, not in the I/O tree of its own controller program. We might have a language barrier, but I want to be sure you are looking in the correct place.

Try typing the IP address of your controller into the address bar of a Web browser, like "http://192.168.1.20". That should show you the embedded diagnostic Web page of the controller, and verify that it is indeed at the IP address you expect it to be.

What version of RSLinx Classic are you running ? Support for various versions of controllers is added to RSLinx via "Electronic Data Sheet" files, which are generally very easy to upload and install, because RSLinx will "see" the device as an "unrecognized PLC", and proceed from there.

Try both the "Ethernet Devices" driver and the "EtherNet/IP" driver in RSLinx Classic, and try connecting your computer ONLY over hardwired Ethernet, with your WiFi and any VPN software turned off.

Thanks for your answer, and im sorry if am not clear, but as you saw English is not my native language. Well i have typed the IP on the web browser and the diagnostic webpage open fine, the diagnostic doesn't show fails. As i said before if I ping the PLC this answer me, but when i open RS Linx the device doesn't appear on the device tree, even if i set a new driver. The person that ask us to help him with this PLC neither could connect, he tried with Ethernet and serial. When i try serial connection i can set the drive on the RSlinx using auto configuration, but when the setting is over and i open the device tree of that drive, i cant see any node. I did something different when i was setting a new serial drive. When the auto configuration ends i change the DEVICE from the Logix 5550/CompactLogix that appear after auto configuration to PLC-CH0, this beside the Comm Port list. And finish the drive. In this way i could see the device on the tree, even the properties. But when i tried to open comunication in RSLogix 5000 all the option, download, upload , go online are disabled. Any idea?

Now i know that the PLC firmware is 20.013
The RSlinx version is 3.71
and RS Logix 13.04 to 20.01

Thanks For your help