Studio 5000 Free 'Upgrade'?

JeremyM

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just seeking clarification,

I am setting up a new Windows 10 x64 virtual machine with Studio 5000 so as to test compatibility and retire the Windows 8.1 x64 VM. I logged into the Rockwell site to download the software expecting to see our most recent licensed version (v21) available.

Along with it, there's also v23 and v24 assigned to our product serial to my surprise. (v22 omitted) I understand v28 is the current release, but is Rockwell known to occasionally release prior, but updated versions to existing licensees like this?

The software installed and activated successfully. Thanks! 🍻

edit:
http://theautomationblog.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-studio-5000-version-22-23-and-24/

My v21/22/23 confusion is cleared up (fortunately we only ever used 21.03), but what's the motivation for v24?

Last edited:
Yes, I bought ver 23.01 & was able to download all versions from 10 to 27 until my year ran out (TechConnect is too much for me)

Then v24 must have been released within the 1-year window of our v21 purchase. Cool, great to learn. :)

Now to learn the logical organizer and program parameters. Fortunately my bench has an L33ER ripe for a firmware update and testing. đź“š

Last edited: