FT View Studio Help

The Plc Kid

Trying to add some alarms to a FT SE Station project and having some issues.

In the project explorer window under HMI tags then brows to tags I have a alarms folder and a system folder. This is how the alarms are handled on this project. I did not design this it was here when I came here. When i do alarms most of the time I use the Objects/Alarm and Events objects but on this they exist in that folder under HMI tags.

So trying to add the new alrm with the dialog box and the alarms are DINTS and FT view will only let you browse to the word level of the dint but I ned the alarm to be to the bit level so i just key in the .11 by hand just like many of the other alarms that are already there and I get this error when I hit accept "Error Creating Tag : Invalid Tag Name Cause : Invalid trailing folder seperator."

I have tried .11 and just 11 with still no joy. What am I doing wrong?

Everything sounds correct. Unless you have two levels of Folders?
ie: Folder1\Folder2\Tagname
Try exporting tags and add tags in excel then import. You could create a sequence of tags with auto fill From existing tags.

Checked for 2 level folders and I don't have that issue. There are close to 60 alarms configured like what I am trying to do so I must be missing something.

Can you do alarming with direct ref tags the old way or are you using FT Alarms and Events?

Rob our local FT proponent/supporter and Guru will get this..

For some reason it did not like the length of my tag name. It was 22 characters with underscores included. Shortened the tag to 15 characters and it takes. Anything longer than 15 will give a error "Error Creating Tag : Invalid Tag Name Cause : Invalid trailing folder seperator."

Go figure. Another beauty of FT view I guess.

Thanks Guys.